Reasons today stinks. I would use a more forceful "s" word, except I am trying to expunge it from my daughter's vocabulary and must lead by example.
1. A layer of Owen's birthday cake cracked.
2. Which would be fine, if it had not subsequently calved, glacier-like, a mini-cake under the weight of the freakazoid white mountain icing.
3. That freakazoid white mountain icing! It started out firm and fluffy as usual, but then, over time, spread like Elmer's glue, for which I blame this very hot weather. Even my pathetic one-layer salvage job is a catastrophe.
4. This very hot weather.
5. Evening forecast: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in the company of five 4th grade boys.
6. This afternoon, someone assumed I had been invited to a party to which I had not been invited leading to a moment of awkward silence followed by hours of rather severe dejection.
One is never too old to feel like a rejected and pitiful 2nd grader.
This day really
su . . . bites.