Another motivation for this blog was to find a voice with which to write about food and cookbooks, subjects about which I am actually very thoughtful and earnest. But I worry that I am becoming a SMART ASS instead, going for the cheap booze joke over trenchant analysis.
Why do I do this, and what is the solution?
1. The easiest way to avoid boring readers to death is to keep things short and funny.
2. Of course, there are other ways -- like writing long, soulful, and brilliant.
3. But I don't have time.
4. Or maybe I do have time, but am terrified I might prove incapable of writing long, soulful, and brilliant.
5. That is a depressing thought, and we're getting closer to the truth.
6. Of course, I'm also lazy.
7. Another "joke" to keep from appearing to take myself, and this project, seriously.
8. Perhaps being a SMART ASS isn't even a problem. I've been writing this blog for what, six days, and maybe I should just let it develop organically?
9. What readers?
10. It is time to go to spin class.